The holidays are approaching fast and making a great meal and getting dressed up may be on your to-do list. But don’t forget to use some quick and easy cleaning tips, if you opt to stay home for a family dinner. a messy place will ruin the mood. Here is how you can keep your house in order before an intimate night with your loved ones:
- Make sure floors, counters, tables, and areas where you plan to entertain are free of clutter and debris. Be sure to take out the trash and recycling.
- Prior to cleaning, spend time putting things away. Place items where you intend to store them until you have neat appearance and organization. This will make your house appear organized and serene in a pinch. You and your relatives can focus on each other instead of clutter.
- Make sure the bathroom is sanitized and tidy. Clean the mirror, sink, and toilet. Be sure to set out hand towels before the guest arrives.
- The kitchen always tends to attract company. Disinfect counters and wash and put away cooking utensils. A full sink can be distracting! Make sure you scrub the stovetop as well. You’ll be shocked at how much this can improve the appearance of your kitchen.
- Dust all of the surfaces in the living areas and vacuum and sweep the floors. Arrange pillows, throws, and household accessories and make your bed. Instantaneous results!
- Finally, give your space a nice aroma. Try grinding up a lemon or other citrus fruit in the garbage disposal for a fresh scent. Light some scented candles in the areas you plan to use. Not only will your house smell fantastic, candlelight will add to the romantic ambiance.
Even if you have more work to do, these tips will ensure your house is in great shape in time for the guests. If cleaning is not something you enjoy, consider hiring a maid service to do it for you. Feel free to comment with any tips you may have.